Wednesday 10 October 2007

1a Waterlow Road

The second half of my study in London will consist of an internship three days per week...and I have been set up to intern with the Green Party whose small, north London office on Waterlow Road will be my workplace for the next two months. I am very much looking forward to this opportunity to witness and take part in the workings of grassroots politics. It won't by any stretch be glamorous, but it will be such a great chance to see the inner workings of a very specific, radical political organization - whose ideals I quite like and agree with. On any given day the office contains about four volunteers, one or two interns (including myself), and about four employees. So there will be a lot of work to do and just a small group of us to accomplish it! (And yes, we are very glad they did not call the snap election.)To be continued...

No comments: