Monday 5 November 2007

Autumn

If I ever had a doubt about which season is my favorite, it remains no longer. One aspect of this journey that I will remember vividly for years to come is the brilliance of this autumn season here in England. I have spent many hours running, strolling, taking pictures, reading, and relaxing in Kensington Gardens. The smell of the leaves, the angle of the sun, the dogs off their leashes, the school children in the fields - it's impossible for me to tire of it. And there are my Sundays in Wimbledon. Walking through the neighborhoods filled with old brick homes whose cozy front reading rooms make me wish I could step inside, watching parents push prams through the park, looking out from the top of the hill onto the beautiful countryside below. It is enchanting. And it makes me wish so many people were here to share it with me. There's nothing like the richness of a season to remind me of all the people who would enjoy this beauty as much as I do. Know that you are all in my thoughts as I walk among the leaves...

No comments: